“And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer.”
A great quote to start off today’s post. Even though it’s felt like it for the past few weeks, today is the first day of summer! Summer gets on my mind from the first site of morning dew blanketing the lawn.
School is out, parks are revived, pools are refilled, and ice cream shops wade with open arms, to those who venture for a delicious way, to escape the summer heat.
As Fitz so cleverly stated, summer marks the beginning of the next chapter of one’s life. One may argue that New Year is when a chapters starts, but for students, summer is the new slate. We put the last school year behind us and enjoy the days of sleeping and frantic-less mornings.
Vacations are planned and anticipated. Cars chug through cross country road trips. Airports fill up with tourists along side the usual business affairs.
Summer is when I re cope, mentally and physical. Along the course of the school year, I become restlessly unbalanced and weighed down with worries of the future. A head that has lived in text books eventually needs to be re grounded to reality.
Here’s what I look forward to accomplish this summer:
- Watch America’s Got Talent
- Complete my summer reading goal of 10-15 books(Here’s my list)
- Continue posting wonderful content to Just Geekly Fabulous
- Test out new recipes, especially more alkaline ones(My recipes)
- Review and edit my resume and LinkedIn
- Watch TV shows with friends and have discussions over coffee
- Attend free yoga courses every Monday
- Discover and attend free events in the area
What does summer mean to you? Work, or travel… both? I’ll respond to the thoughts left in the comments!